Post Operative instructions For Crown and Bridge Work
You have just had a Crown or fixed Bridge Cemented onto your teeth. They will replace your missing tooth
structure or Missing teeth Very well and should give you years of service if you will observe the following suggestion:
1.Do not rinse or drink anything for at least an hour after cementation.
2.Do not chew hard foods for 24hours from the time they were cemented. The cement normally takes 24 hours to mature to its optimum strength.
3) Do not chew ice or other hard objects. Avoid chewing sticky candies/food to prevent dislodgement of the prosthesis.
4) Don’t worry about mild sensitivity to hot or cold foods. It will disappear gradually over a few weeks. Infrequently sensitivity lasts longer than six weeks. Please inform us if this occurs. Use sensitive toothpaste with fluoride if thermal sensitivity occurs. Also rinse your mouth 2-3 times a day with warm salt water, to reduce soft tissue soreness.
5) If the bite feels “high”, visit us to have it adjusted. Failure to do so can result in tooth ache and fracture of the crown/bridge.
6) On occasion, damage to the pulp of the tooth may occur due to a variety of reasons. If this occurs, further treatment, such as root canal therapy, may be necessary.
7) To provide optimum longevity for your crowns/bridges and to prevent future dental decay and supporting tissue breakdown, please follow the preventive procedures:
i) Brush and floss after eating and before bedtime.
ii) Use prescribed mouth rinse if advised by us.
iii) Visit us for regular six months dental examinations.
iv) Please follow all our instructions!
8) Contact us:
* If there is movement or looseness in the crown/bridge.
* Sensitivity to sweet foods.
*Breakage of a piece of material from the crown/bridge.
*Sensitivity to pressure.
Often, small problems that are developing around the prosthesis can be found at an early stage and Corrected easily, but waiting for a longer time may require redoing the entire restoration. Inadequate return for examination is the Most Significant reason for Prosthesis Failure. We have done our best to provide you with the finest quality of oral restoration available today. However, as with a Fine automobile or Watch ,Only Our Continuing Care and concern can Assure optimum service
PROPER MAlNTENANCE AND CARE CROWN OR BRlDGE, INCLUDlNG ROUTINE CHECKUPS/CLEANINGS AS PRESCRIBED BY US , ARE ESSENTIAL TO ASSURE THE LONG-TERM SUCCESS OF YOUR TREATMENT.
Post Extraction Instruction to Patients
Please follow these few simple rules for optimum healing following your tooth removal
1. Please bite down on the cotton placed by the doctor for 45 minutes
2. After 45 minutes, remove the cotton with clean hands, eat a cup of plain ice cream or drink ice cold water/juice (without straw) and take the pain killer prescribed to you.
3. DO NOT SPIT, RINSE OR GARGLE FOR 24 HOURS
4. Please eat soft, non-spicy food at room temperature for 2-3 days
5. Place a cold pack on the face near the extraction site (intermittently for around10 minutes)
6. Avoid carbonated drinks or alcohol. Do not smoke or chew paan for at least one week following tooth removal
7. Do not keep anything warm on your face near the extraction site
8. Do not engage in strenuous activity for one day after tooth removal
9. Do not brush the area where tooth has been removed for two days. Please continue regular brushing for the rest of your teeth
10.A follow up visit is mandatory and will be scheduled to check on the healing and to teach you how to care for the wound after 3 days.
Please Review us in Google